50466: Windows Azure Solutions with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 – Official Microsoft Course
Cloud computing has been labeled the next big thing in the computing industry. What exactly is cloud computing? What are the benefits of cloud computing? Why would my organization and I want to explore cloud computing? Will it help us solve some of our IT problems? Of what potential issues should we be aware? This introductory module addresses the what’s and why’s of cloud computing. It also introduces Microsoft’s Windows Azure cloud computing product. How does the Microsoft solution compare to other cloud computing platforms? What exactly is Windows Azure?
- Define cloud computing.
- Learn the benefits of cloud computing.
- Understand the different types of cloud computing services.
- Explore where computing clouds might exist.
- Hear about potential concerns with cloud computing.
- Learn where cloud computing can and cannot be applied.
- Place Windows Azure in light of general cloud computing.
- Know how Windows Azure compares to other cloud environments.
Lab: Windows Azure Account Setup (Optional)
- Understand how to create a Windows Azure account.
- Explore the types of Windows Azure accounts.
- Learn how to access and use the Windows Azure Developer Portal.
- Examine the Windows Azure Developer Portal.
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Understand the different types of cloud computing offerings.
- Explain how Windows Azure fits into the cloud computing landscape.
- Set up a Windows Azure account.
This class is an introduction to cloud computing and specifically Microsoft’s public cloud offering in Windows Azure. Windows Azure has been described by Microsoft as an operating system for “the cloud”. In this class, you explore this cloud operating system and learn how to write, deploy and monitor .NET applications in Azure.
This class is designed for .NET developers with Web application experience that are exploring developing new applications or porting existing applications to Windows Azure.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand cloud computing in its various forms and how Windows Azure fits in the cloud computing space.
- Learn why organizations want to run applications in the Azure cloud.
- Understand the architecture of Azure.
- Explore the Azure SDK and development environment (Compute and Storage Emulators).
- See how to develop applications for Azure and how that varies from “normal” .NET application development.
- Write and deploy an ASP.NET Web application (Web Role) to Azure.
- Learn how to create and deploy background computational applications (Worker Role) in Azure.
- Explore Azure Storage capability to include table, queue and blob storage.
- Examine SQL Azure, the relational database in the cloud.
- Study how SQL Azure differs from Azure Storage.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience with Visual Studio 2010 or better is required.
- Knowledge and experience in a .NET language (C# or VB) is required.
- Knowledge of ASP.NET is required.
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
- On Demand
Dates and Times
- 20 Loukis Akritas street
(behind Kykko secondary schools)
- On Demand
Dates and Times
- 22 Griva Digeni Avenue, 3106 Agios Nikolaos
(near Coop branch and Agios Nikolaos church)
|Official Course 50466||Official - digital **|