6294: Planning and Managing Windows 7 Desktop Deployments and Environments – Official Microsoft Course
This course is intended for desktop administrators who want to specialize in desktop deployment, configuration, and management . The students will learn how to plan and deploy Windows 7 desktops in large organizations . They will also learn how to design, configure, and manage the Windows 7 client environment. This course helps students prepare for the Exam 70-686, Pro: Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Administrator.
At Course Completion
- Prepare to deploy Windows 7 business desktops.
- Assess and resolve application compatibility issues with Windows 7.
- Determine the most appropriate method to deploy Windows 7 based upon specific business requirements.
- Design a standard Windows 7 image by assessing and evaluating the business requirements.
- Deploy Windows 7 by using WAIK.
- Deploy Windows 7 by using WDS.
- Deploy Windows 7 by using Lite Touch Installation.
- Deploy Windows 7 by using Zero Touch Installation.
- Migrate user state by using Windows Easy Transfer and User State Migration Tool 4.0.
- Design, configure, and manage the Windows 7 client environment.
- Plan and deploy applications and updates to Windows 7 client computers.
- Plan and deploy Windows 7 by using LTI. (Lab-Only Module)
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A solid understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts.
- A solid Windows and Active Directory background. For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- A good understanding of scripts and batch files.
- A solid understanding of security concepts such as authentication and authorization.
- Performed a clean installation of Windows 7, Upgrade to Windows 7, and migrate user-related data and settings from Windows XP.
- Configured disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers to enable Windows 7 to function as desired.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting permissions and other settings to allow access to resources and applications on Windows 7 Systems.
- Experience configuring settings to enable network connectivity.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting a wireless network connection.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Windows 7 security.
- Configure mobile computers and devices.
- Familiarity with the client administration capabilities of Windows Server and familiar with management tools such as the System Center suite of products.
- Familiarity with deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- The ability to work in a team/virtual team
- Trained and mentored others
- Preparing to Deploy Windows 7 Business Desktops
- Assessing Application Compatibility in Windows 7
- Evaluating Windows 7 Deployment Methods
- Designing Standard Windows 7 Images
- Deploying Windows 7 by Using WAIK
- Deploying Windows 7 by Using Windows Deployment Services
- Deploying Windows 7 by Using Lite Touch Installation
- Deploying Windows 7 by Using Zero Touch Installation
- Migrating User State by Using WET and USMT 4.0
- Designing, Configuring, and Managing the Client Environment
- Planning and Deploying Applications and Updates to Windows 7 Clients
- Deploying Windows 7 – Challenge Scenario
|Official Course 6294||Official - digital|